Black Thoughts

My Everyday Thoughts AIM: Vasuperman2k Email: Vasuperman2k@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I'm Black

Sunday, May 05, 2002

Roommates~ Before college, I never knew what the true definition of "roommate" was. I have one sister who is five years older than I, and she's been out the crib for a hot minute. So I've basically had my own room, my own privacy, my own personal space, for a really long time. When I got to college, I met my roommate, he was cool. White guy, big muthafucka too, probably fuck me up in a heartbeat (don't get me wrong, I'm not sayin I was intimidated by him, only in a "fair" fight would he fuck me up royally, but in a losing battle, this nigga will fight dirty as hell if it came to it. Fuck honor, I'm in it to save my own ass) Anywho, he was cool, went home every weekend, had the room to myself a lot. That was last year, this year was different. We chose to be roomies again, and I made that decision based on what we went through my first year. Things changed though; one major change being that he didn't go home every weekend anymore. Matter of fact, he damn near never went home, I can count the amount of times he went home this year on just over one hand. Ok, so what, he didn't go home. Well lets see, towards the beginning of the year, I was foolin around with this girl that I really had feelings for over the summer and it was really starting to get serious. Anywho, we was in the room fooling around. I stopped the action to put a note on my dry erase board that hung on the outside of my door. My roommate was gone, so there was no way he would know what we were doing. So I took the initiative to let him know on the board. So I go back to getting to work with shorty (lets call her Jamie - Names changed to protect the guilty) and I'd say about 5 articles of clothing later, my roommate comes busting through the door, we weren't too nude, but it was a shock, we were under the covers, he doesn't leave, but she does. After I come back from walking her to the shuttle stop, I ask my roomie, "What were you thinking, didn't you see the sign on the door?" "Oh, my bad, I didn't see it." Ok, honest mistake. He didn't see the board. Fine, what's done is done, he appologized, everything was cool. The next week, Jamie comes by again. This time my roommate (Lets call him Carl. Once again, names changed to protect the assh- I mean guilty) is already in the room, he see's us flirting, he see's us foolin around, so he leaves to go to the gym. ( He works out a lot, and most of his workouts last about 2 hours, except for this time) So, me thinking that he will be gone for about 2 hours, I start to get to work. I'd say about 40 mins have passed and we are about ass naked by now, ok, there is no about, we are ass naked. Just when I'm about to stick the tip of my little man in her pudding cup, here comes Carl, busting into the room. Mind you we are both BUCKID NEKKID, and this fool doesn't leave, not only does he not leave, he sits on his bed like were just some minor distraction and watches TV, a fuzzy TV at that ( I don't have cable in my room). So Jamie is duckin under the covers having a fit because he is just sitting there, and I'm just shocked out of my mind that this is happening. "Calvin, make him leave." is what she says. So I ask him to leave and he does, for a short while, just enough time for her to grab her clothes and duck into the bathroom. When he comes back in he says "hmmm, I knew I smelled something in here." I just took that as total disrespect to me and her when he said that and I was beyond mad, but I held it in. So I put on my clothes, condom still on my dick and all (yes, I was so surprised this was happening, I forgot to take the condom off) and I storm out the room with Jamie. Now behind my dorm building is a river and a dock, a very pretty scene, and that's where Jamie and I go to talk. "Calvin, this is the second time this has happened, I think it's some kind of sign that it wasn't meant to be." After that talk, things go downhill from there between Jamie and I, we don't really talk at all now. I blame him. Maybe I shouldn't but I do, and dammit, I wish I could turn back the hands of time and find a way to deadbolt that door. It's hard for me to find a girl that I'm really feeling, and for that to happen to me, it was just terrible. Anywho, over the course of the year, I try to stay out my room as much as possible cause I'm still holding this grudge against Carl, and it gets to the point that every little thing he does pisses me off. The way he eats, the way he drinks his nutrient drinks, the way he types on my computer, the way he never leaves the room and is always around. He's like Santa Clause, always watching. A pair of eyes that never seem to leave the room unless they need to work out or eat. I wondered if I was wrong for holding this grude, was is my fault that this happened. I would ask my boys but they side with me anyways, I ask one of my best friends and he says that we're both at fault. I can accept that, maybe we are both at fault, lack of communication. But at the same time, I look at it this way, if your in the room with a guy and a girl who are getting really freaky, and you leave and come back and they're under the covers, what the hell do you think they're doing. " I thought you guys were just wrestling under the covers." That's what he apparently thought we were doing. OHHH, I feel the pain just seeping away as I write this. Anywho, Fastforward to a few weeks before the present. I smoke weed everynow and then, and when you smoke, you get hungry. You get the munchies. I had a frozen dinner in my refrigerator, my mouth was just watering for those beef patties, I was gonna make me a good ass meal. I could just taste it. And just as fast as my mouth started to water, it dried when I looked in my fridge and saw that the box seemed a lil soggy. I open the box and lo and behold, my shyt has melted. My wonderful beef patties. Only one person could be responsible for this travesty. So I ask Carl. "Well my Jelly was freezing up, so I turned the temperature down." He turned the temperature down in my, let me repeat that, MY fridge. Didn't give a damn about MY food, in MY fridge, but his 2 dollar Jelly was freezing. How dare I get mad cause oh mighty Carl's Jelly was freezing. I must have been out my mind to think that MY frozen dinner was more important than his jelly. Wooo, this feels so good, forgive me for the interuption. By this time, I wanted to bash his face in. I was high, hungry, and broke. All I had in the world were those frozen beef patties and they were gone. And he seemed to deal with it like a joke. Now, I may have over reacted just a bit, but I do know one thing. Only one time did he appologize for doin me dirty. He didn't say "Calvin I'm sorry for walking in on you and Jamie." He didn't say, "Calvin I'm sorry for being the 'sign' that caused you two to stop seeing each other." (That one may have been a bit much, but I still would have liked to hear it.) He didn't say "Calvin, I'm sorry about your beef patties." The muthafucka didn't say shyt. All he did was shrug his shoulders like, " Too bad." OOOOO, I swear if I had a weapon I would have risked being put out of school that day. I just left the room MAD as HELL.
It's now the end of the year, 4 days left here, 4 days left to share a room. Only 4 days, and I can go back to being an only child. I just had to vent, but if I've learned anything from this year's experience, it's talk to your roommate, because some people obviously don't intake context clues like two naked people in a bed means their fucking. I don't like to feel unwelcome in my own room, so next year, I will do things better, and try to make my experience here a little more pleasent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home